The Synchronization Manager comprises the following software:
· Synchronization Manager GUI for configuring and monitoring synchronization
· Message Server with a message database instance
· Synchronization Services on every computer that hosts one of the involved database instances.
The Synchronization Manager GUI, message server and synchronization services communicate with each other through various ports; see Synchronization Ports.
The database instances whose data is to be synchronized are generally located on different computers.
The illustration shows the following example:
· Master instance DBMASTER with synchronization service on computer GENUA
· Client instance DBCLIENT with synchronization service on computer COMO
· Other client instances with synchronization services on other computers
· Message database instance MSGDB on computer PARMA
· Synchronization Manager GUI on computer ROME
Two client instances synchronize their data with a master instance