You have to replicate data from the back-end system to the SAP MI ABAP Server Component at regular intervals to make sure that the data in the SAP MI ABAP Server Component is up to date at all times.
You created variants with which background jobs can be scheduled. For more information, see Creating Variants for Replication.
1. Start transaction SM36.
2. Enter a name for the job in the Job Name field.
3. Select A for the job class.
4. Specify when the job should begin by choosing Start Condition.
5. Choose Immediate.
6. Select Period Values to define how often it is repeated.
7. Select the corresponding period value and then choose Save on the Period Values screen to copy the period and to return to the Start Time screen.
8. Choose Save in the lower part of the Start Time screen to return to the Define Background Job screen.
9. Choose Step and then ABAP Program.
10. In the ABAP Program section, enter MEREP_REPLICATOR_START.
11. Enter the variant you defined.
12. Choose Save in the lower part of the Create Step 1 screen to return to the Define Background Job screen.
13. Choose Save to save the complete job and pass it to the background processing system.
Release the job so that it can be executed. No job, not even one that is scheduled for immediate execution, can be executed if it was not released.