You can define and schedule background jobs in two ways from the Job Overview:
· Directly from Transaction SM36. This is best for users already familiar with background job scheduling.
· The Job Scheduling Wizard. This is best for users unfamiliar with SAP background job scheduling. To use the Job Wizard, start from Transaction SM36, and either select Goto ® Wizard version or simply use the Job Wizard button.
1. Call Transaction SM36 or choose CCMS ® Jobs ® Definition.
2. Assign a job name. Decide on a name for the job you are defining and enter it in the Job Name field.
3. Set the job’s priority, or “Job Class”:
· High priority: Class A
· Medium priority: Class B
· Low priority: Class C
4. In the Target server field, indicate whether to use system load balancing.
· For the system to use system load balancing to automatically select the most efficient application server to use at the moment, leave this field empty.
· To use a particular application server to run the job, enter a specific target server.
5. If spool requests generated by this job are to be sent to someone as email, specify the email address. Choose the Spool list recipient button.
6. Define when the job is to start by choosing Start Condition and completing the appropriate selections. If the job is to repeat, or be periodic, check the box at the bottom of this screen.
8. Save the fully defined job to submit it to the background processing system.
9. When you need to modify, reschedule, or otherwise manipulate a job after you've scheduled it the first time, you'll manage jobs from the Job Overview.
Note: Release the job so that it can run. No job, even those scheduled for immediate processing, can run without first being released.
For a simple job scheduling procedure, see the Getting Started Guide.