Peripheral input output services (PIOS) drivers can be configured by modifying several parameters. Parameters are defined for different configurations, and configurations are divided into configuration types. The system administrator can modify configuration parameters with the Mobile Infrastructure configuration system.
Parameters of driver add-ons are formed with four tokens. The first token is the driver name. The second token is the configuration type. The third and fourth tokens are configuration name and parameter respectively. Modification of driver parameters should follow the naming convention presented below:
<driver name>.<configuration type>.<configuration name>.<parameter>=value
Tokens and values are case-sensitive. The correct name must be entered in the MI configuration system to change a parameter value.
· Driver configurations are handled by the MI configuration system.
· Drivers and driver configurations are assigned using the SAP MI Web Admin.
Drivers have several parameters that can be used to change options for a driver. These parameters are defined for configurations that are separated into configuration types. PIOS drivers use the driver configuration type (cfg) to store parameters that modify how drivers connect to peripherals. This configuration type is also used to store parameters that are specific from driver to driver. A different configuration type is used to store the font configuration parameters (fntcfg) for peripheral type “Printer”. This configuration type (fntcfg) is used to configure fonts supported by the driver.
System administrators can modify driver configuration and font configuration parameters with the MI configuration system.
· Adding a font with the font configuration parameters does not install the font on the physical printer. Printer fonts must be installed manually on the printer and should match the configured parameters.
· Configuration values are applied to drivers without validation. Unexpected behavior may be detected if a driver is not configured properly.
Examples for parameter configuration and font configuration parameters are given below:
· In this example, a driver configuration parameter for the piprsymmf4t (Symbol microFlash 4t) printer driver is configured. This line sets the serial port baud rate to 9600 bits per second:
· This example modifies a font configuration parameter for the piprmswin32 (Microsoft Windows 32-bit) printer driver. This line sets the “bitmapped bold italic” font options to bold and italic:
You can find a list of all available parameters in a SAP note that is created for each driver. For a list of available drivers see the collective SAP Note 761833.