The user can install SAP MI on the mobile device by calling a URL using the browser, downloading the installation file from here, and starting the installation.
To do this, you must specify the URL the user has to call.
? The mobile device has a network connection or Internet connection.
? The user has already changed the initial password on the server (see Changing the Initial Password).
1. As the administrator, you check whether the BSP application is activated (see Activating BSP Application ME_FW_INSTALL).
2. As administrator, you determine the URL (see Determining the URL for the Installation).
3. You inform the user of the URL.
4. The user enters the URL in the address bar of the Microsoft Internet Explorer and the start page of the installation assistant appears. The user installs SAP MI (see Installing the SAP MI Client Component Using the URL).
Alternatively, you, as the administrator, can also execute the installation. You can start the installation file with parameters to determine the behavior during the installation (see Parameters for Installation on the Mobile Device). You can then start SAP MI on the mobile device. Use the start link to do this or start the file mobileengine.exe with parameters to, for example, analyze errors that have occurred (see Parameters for Starting SAP MI).
5. Before the user can work with SAP MI, he or she needs to perform additional steps (see SAP MI Setup Performed by User of Mobile Device).