To be able to use the Monitoring of Jobs with the Alert Monitor, you must perform the following steps:
· Specify the jobs that are to be monitored
· Activate the data collection method that collects the data of the selected jobs.
These two steps are described here. We also recommend that you create a separate monitor to allow a clear display of the data and maintenance of the threshold values.
The table ALBTCMON contains name patterns of the jobs that are to be monitored using job monitoring. To monitor the desired jobs, enter the relevant name patterns in the table:
1. Start transaction SE16.
2. The Data Browser: Initial Screen screen appears. In the Table Name field, enter ALBTCMON and choose Table Contents (Enter)().
3. The Data Browser: Table ALBCTMON selection screen appears. Choose Execute (). To create a new name pattern, choose the Create button ().
4. The system displays the Insert Table ALBTCMON screen. In the JOBNAME input field, enter the desired name pattern. In the simplest case, a name pattern can be the name of the job that you want to monitor. You can use the wild card character (*) to select multiple job names. Leave the other fields empty; they are reserved for future developments.
5. Save your changes.
For each name pattern, the system creates a subtree, in which it displays information about the status and runtime of the corresponding jobs.
Monitoring jobs with the monitoring architecture is always system-local. If you have a central monitoring system, you must nevertheless always make the selection of the jobs to be monitored in the local system.
By default, Job Monitoring is deactivated. To activate it, you must ensure that the corresponding data collection method starts to collect data automatically. To do this, follow the procedure below:
1. From the SAP Easy Access Menu, choose Tools ® CCMS ® Configuration ® Alert Monitor, or call transaction RZ21.
2. The Monitoring: Properties and Methods screen appears. In the Methods group box, select Method Definitions and choose Display Overview.
3. The system displays an overview of the method definitions. Select the method CCMS_BATCH_MONITORING and choose Edit Data ().
4. The Monitoring: Methods screen appears. Choose Display « Change (). Choose the Control tab page, and in the Startup Method group box, activate the Execute Method Immediately After Start of a Monitoring Segment indicator.
5. Save your changes.
The data collection method will become active at the next restart of the system and will automatically generate the relevant subtrees.
If you require the job monitoring data immediately, you should reset to WARMUP status the monitoring segment of the central server of your system (the server with the Enqueue service).
The desired data is collected and stored in a monitoring context. This means that it is, for example, visible in the All Monitoring Contexts monitor of the SAP CCMS Technical Expert Monitors monitor set. However, we recommend that you create a separate monitor to display the data and adjust the alert generation to your own needs there using threshold values and filters (see Background Job Monitoring Monitor).