Database Monitor History (iSeries)
This function provides an overview of the database workload statistics recorded by the memory-resident database monitor.
The database workload statistics consist of the following:
- The number of user calls, that is, the number of SQL statements executed
- The number of different types of SQL statements executed, for example, SELECTs and COMMITs
- Statistics about how the database executed the statements, for example by, means of executed table scans, index creates, sorts, and so on
To display an overview of the database workload statistics recorded by the memory-resident database monitor, choose Database Monitor Activity in the navigation frame.
- The time periods for which statistics exist are listed on the first screen. To display detailed statistics for a particular time period, double-click the time period you are interested in. The values displayed on this screen detail the workload that was recorded between two timestamps.
369 statements were executed between 08.12.45 and 09.17.32. In the following hour, only 106 statements were executed.
- The database workload statistics program is scheduled automatically to compute new workload statistics. The scheduling report is RSDB4DMP, which is executed by program SAPMSSY6 every n seconds where n is the value of the profile parameter rdisp/autoabaptime .
- The statistics are not deleted automatically. However, you can delete weekly data from the display (second screen). To schedule automatic deletion of the statistics, configure table SAPWLREORG, setting ID to D4 for DB2 UDB for iSeries.