You define the form interface to pass data to the form. You use the interface to define import and export parameters, tables, and exceptions. By default, the interface contains a number of SAP Smart Forms standard parameters, which you can use to control form output from within the application program.
The form interface of a form has the same structure as the interface of a function module in the system, except that the form interface does not support any changing parameters. Standard parameters are optional.
The semantics of the valid parameter types match the semantics of a function module. See also Getting Information about Interface Parameters, Overview of Function Modules (from the documentation ABAP Workbench Tools), or Creating Function Modules (from the documentation ABAP Programming (BC-ABA)).
The application program provides the data that you want to insert in the form. Therefore, you already know the types of the corresponding variables.
1. Click the node Global Settings ® Form Interface.
2. Enter the parameter names of the data you want to import. These names are valid for the whole form and do not have to match the variable names in the data collection program. Standard parameters of SAP Smart Forms are not input-enabled.
As export and import parameters any data types are allowed. On the Tables tab, however, you can pass only tables with a flat structure.
3. Enter the appropriate reference type. You can assign a type using the keywords LIKE or TYPE. Double-click on the reference type to display its definition.
You can also use F1 help and F4 help for the input fields.
4. If desired, define Exceptions for the form.
5. Use the local check on each tab page to check your entries for the form interface.
You defined the form interface. You can use any parameters specified there as fields in the form.