Specifying Table Output
You want to display or print contents (graphics, text, addresses) in your table.
You already created a table node and defined line types. In addition, you specified the application data you want to display in the table (see: Accessing Application Data).
The procedure is the same for output to header, main, and footer areas. However, keep in mind that in the header and footer areas you can access the data of your internal table only at their respective output events, whereas in the main area you can access it at every loop pass. (See also: Processing Loops and Tables).
- In the navigation tree call the context menu for the header, main, or footer area, respectively. You can:
- Create a new table line. In the header and footer areas, this line is displayed at the output event, in the main area it is displayed at each loop pass.
- Create a folder to organize the output of table lines. As inferior nodes of this folder you can create one or several table lines.
- Create a loop, for example, to display in the footer area a grand total for the different currencies that are stored in an internal table. As inferior nodes of the loop you can create one or more table lines.
When you create a table line, the table line icon appears in the navigation tree.
- On the Output Options tab of the table line node, select a line type. The Form Builder then automatically inserts the correct number of cells for this table line in the navigation tree.
- To fill the cells with contents, create output nodes as inferior nodes of the cell nodes.
During form printing the inserted table lines are printed. For program lines nodes, special rules apply (see: Processing Loops and Tables).