The regulations for generating the outbound file are defined in outbound processing. In inbound processing, the port definition only affects the test program (see below).
Choose SAP Menu ® Tools ® IDoc Interface/ALE ® Administration ® Runtime Settings ® Port Maintenance (WE21).
1. Position the cursor on XML and choose . Enter a name for the port and confirm your entries.
2. Enter an informative text in the definition.
The text is displayed in the initial screen of the port definition and in the partner profiles. An example of a descriptive text is “files contain the DTD“.
3. Select the XML format.
If you choose Unicode as the XML format, continue with step 7. Conversion of national special characters is no longer necessary and an XML schema is provided, therefore DTD embedding is no longer necessary.
4. On the Outbound File tab page, you can choose whether the IDocs should be written together with the corresponding Document Type Declaration (DTD) in the XML file.
The DTD contains the tags that are used in the following XML IDoc, that is, tags for the IDoc record types and the individual segments. The tags are named in the same way as the individual fields. The start-end-tag-sequence for the field MESTYP of the control record EDI_DC40 is therefore <EDIDC_40-MESTYP><EDIDC_40-MESTYP>.
5. If possible, you must replace country-specific special characters such as д,ц,ь with international characters like ae,oe,ue. You must also maintain the Conversion table and then select Convert special characters.You must note, however, that the character strings in the segment fields can then change length.
6. As with the port type “file”, it is best if you enter a function module that generates the file names. SAP recommends EDI_PATH_CREATE_CLIENT_DOCNUM or EDI_LPATH_CREATE_CLIENT_DOCNUM for logical directory. These function modules guarantee unique file names and therefore prevent files that have not been processed from being overwritten. Perform an access test for your directory.
The file name generated by the function module overrides the static name, which you can maintain in field Outbound file. A static name can be useful for a test port: If your test port is entered in the corresponding field in the test tools, (WE19 ®Settings) and you have not entered a function module, then the static name in the test programs is used. Static file names, like dynamic file names, contain the addition .xml in Windows/NT operating systems.
Logical directories are resolved depending on operating system in the physical directory maintained in the transaction FILE. Also see the F1 Help for the logical/physical directory fields.
7. Outbound: Triggering tab page: Proceed as in step 6 with Port type “file”. Perform another access test.