You can manage the space on your Oracle database with BR*Tools .
This section describes how you manage space with BR*Tools.
For more information on the approach to manage space, see Space Management.
· BRGUI or BRTOOLS calls the SAP tool BRSPACE. You can also perform space management by calling BRSPACE from the command line. However, unless you choose batch mode with the option –c force, BRSPACE displays menus to help you enter the required options.
We recommend you to normally use BRGUI or BRTOOLS rather than BRSPACE directly. This is because the menus in BRGUI or BRTOOLS simplify entry of the correct options.
You can perform the following functions for space management with BR*Tools:
· Extend tablespace
· Create tablespace
· Drop tablespace
· Alter tablespace
· Alter data file
· Move data file
1. You choose Space management in the BRGUI or BRTOOLS menus or directly from the command line. You can use quick mode if you know which objects you require. For more information on quick mode, see BR*Tools User Interface
2. If required, you change the default values for the parameters in the initialization profile init<DBSID>.sap and restart BRGUI or BRTOOLS.
3. If required, you choose Space Management ® Reset program status to set the defaults used to the values set after BRGUI or BRTOOLS initialization.
4. You start space management.
5. You check the results of space management in the BRSPACE logs.