IDoc types can be used for more than one message, that is, for more than one business process. As a result, the IDoc types usually contain more segments than necessary for the individual application cases. To improve performance when generating IDocs, you can use views to ensure that only the segments relevant to the current business process are filled with data. Views are therefore only important for IDoc outbound processing.
The application must support this function: The program which writes the application data in the IDocs must carry out the following tasks:
· Determine from the partner profiles whether a view exists. To determine this, the function module EDI_PARTNER_READ_OUTGOING is called.
· Query, which segments belong to the view. The function module EDI_VIEW_READ is called once, which returns the segments in a table.
· Query, whether the current segment should be maintained in the current view. The table returned by EDI_VIEW_READ is used.
For a list of IDoc Interfaces that support IDoc views, see SAPNet Note 185445.
You must have IDoc development authorization (authorization object S_IDOCDEFT, for example in the role SAP_BC_SRV_EDI_DEVELOPER) before you can define a view.
1. To define a view, choose the ALE customizing transaction SALE ® Model and Implement Business Process ®Configure Master Data Distribution ®Specify Scope of Data to be Distributed ® IDoc Views (WE32). Enter a name for the view and choose .
2. When the next screen appears, assign a message type (logical message) and a basic type to the view (the assignment of an extension to the view is optional). This assignment is checked in the partner profiles.
3. Position the cursor on a segment, which is to be included in the view. Choose . The following segments must be included in the view:
a. Qualified segments
b. Mandatory segments
4. Save your entries.
5. In the partner profiles ( General outbound processing), enter the view for the corresponding combination of partner and message.