You can schedule the transfer of data from completed auctions from SAP Bidding Engine to SAP BW to analyze auctions individually and in the aggregate. Analysis across auctions helps purchasers improve the effectiveness of auctions; by analyzing many auctions, you can determine when and where auctioning works, and how to optimize your auctioning processes to achieve the best results.
The following Live Auction Cockpit aggregate reports can be accessed from the Reporting area of the application navigation panel in Bidding Engine:
· Auctions Analysis
Provides aggregated information about auctions, including total cost and cost savings by product header category and time
· Auction Items Analysis
Provides aggregated information about products in auctions, including total cost and cost savings by product, product header category and time
· Bidders Analysis
Provides aggregated information about the behavior of bidders, including total cost and cost savings by bidder, product, product header category and time
From an aggregate report, you can access one of the two following detailed reports by clicking the secondary mouse button and selecting a report from the context menu:.
· Auction Details
Provides detailed information about a single auction
· Detailed Analysis of Bids by Category
Provides detailed information about the bids placed for a specific product or product category
The figure below illustrates navigation among the five reports:
· In auctions with lots, the lot header information is not reported; reporting includes lot items only. As a result, the Auction Details report for auctions with lots includes the auction’s line items, but these line items are not grouped by lot.
Since bids are made at the lot level, winner determination is based on the rank of the bid on the lot. Therefore, the bidder’s rank on the lot level is used to report ranking on lot items.
· When multiple contact persons from a company participate in an auction, each bidder is ranked separately. However, bidding records are reported by bidder company, using the best bid and rank from all contact persons per bidder company. Only one bid per bidder company is transferred to the BW system.
As a result, the Auction Details report includes only one bid per company by bidder company rather than contact person.
· All bids are reported in the auction currency. In multiple bid currency auctions, the Live Auction system converts all bids to auction currency before transfering bid data to the BW system.
· For auctions with factored-cost bidding, both raw and normalized bids can be used in auction reporting. Each of the five reports provides two views: one for raw bids and one for normalized bids.
As of Live Auction Cockpit 5.0
SAP BW Release
As of Business Information Warehouse 7.0.2
The data flow is represented in the figure below.