The BI Content Analyzer serves to provide a detailed analysis of BI Content objects. The objects were previously identified by check programs, with respect to errors and inconsistencies. The results of these checks can be viewed under different aspects in order to easily keep problems under control. There are two scenarios:
1. You analyze your data locally for a respective BI system. Here you can access the results of the check program (saved in transparent tables in the BI system) directly.
2. You analyze your data in consolidated form from a central BW system. To do this, load the results of the check program from the transparent tables into the InfoProviders (DataStore objects) of the central BI system you chose using extractors. This loaded data is then available in the BI Content Analyzer (transaction RSBICA) in the filter selection BI Systems.
· You can schedule check programs to analyze your BI systems based on their data. You can view the results of all the check programs included in the results area of the BI Content Analyzer.
· The BI Content Analyzer only shows erroneous objects.
· You can either analyze the results immediately in the BI system or by using the BI reporting functions. The BI Content Analyzer itself provides extensive reporting options. For many objects, the BI Content Analyzer can provide a detailed error message in addition to identifying the error.
· You can also load the results of the check program into other BI systems. A DataStore object provides a central entry point for the analysis of your BI system landscape.
1. The monitor area refers to the results area (see point 3). You see an aggregation of results that depends on the filters set in the filter area:
a. The totals of the objects determined by the BI Content Analyzer and displayed in the results area according to the current selection in the Priority filter. You can find this information in the fields Priority 1, Priority 2, Priority 3 and Priority 4.
b. The time stamp of the object in the results area that was the first to be determined by the check programs. You can find this information in the two fields for Last Update.
2. In the filter area you can restrict the values of the results area for the results area. This is done using the selection of display for the
Ў BI system. You can choose between
i. the BI system set as local
or (if check data from other BI system has already been loaded):
ii. individual BI systems connected using the DataStore object
iii. all BI systems connected using the DataStore object including the BI system that is set as local
Ў Transport Filter: You can also analyze through activation of the transport filter and determination of individual transports of its objects. However, if these objects are not part of the results table, they are displayed under the special check category No Check in the results area. Under No Check you will see all the objects that were either non-BI objects or were not included in the check programs due to the restrictions made in the global defaults (see Setting Global Defaults).
The transport filter only includes the local BI system.
Ў Check Category You can decide between one of the provided check categories or all of them (all checks). For more information, see BI Content Analyzer Checks.
Ў Priority You can choose between
i. Very high (1)
ii. High (2)
iii. Medium (3)
iv. Low (4)
v. All problems
vi. Exceptions longer than four weeks. See Setting Exceptions.
Ў Grouping Here you determine the arrangement of the elements in the drilldown of the tree structure. You can choose between the sequences
i. Package / Check / Type / Object
ii. Type / Check / Object
iii. Author / Check / Type / Object
3. In the results area you find the tree hierarchy set up using the Grouping filter in addition to a tabular list of all of the objects that were checked and collected by the BI Content Analyzer.
Ў You can expand the tree hierarchy up to the object entry and view all of the important details in the table for the object displayed.
Ў When you double click on the row entry you get the error log for the object displayed with short texts. When you double click on the short text, the long text is displayed. It contains repair instructions.
· Edit ® Update ExceptionsSubsequent changes to the settings for the exceptions can be compared with the results area immediately. You do not have to schedule the check program again.
· Edit ® Update Priority Subsequent changes to the settings for prioritizing the various check categories can be compared with the results area immediately.
You do not have to schedule the check program again for this update.
· Edit ® Start Check Reports. For more information, see Scheduling Check Programs.
· Analysis ® Update You can update the display in the results area here.
· Delete ® Status Table Here you can delete the entire results table from the check programs.
· Delete ® Message Table Instead of deleting the entire results table, you can only delete the messages for all check results that are the basis of the error logs.
· Settings For more information, see Important Defaults.