To configure a business system as a local Integration Engine, proceed as follows:
1. In your user menu, choose Exchange Infrastructure: Administration ® Integration Engine – Administration (transaction SXMB_ADM).
2. To determine the role of the business system, choose Integration Engine Configuration.
The authorizations for maintaining the configuration data are contained in the role SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR. Assign this role to system administrators only.
3. Choose Edit ®Change Global Configuration Data.
4. Under Global Configuration Data, select Application System as the Role of Business System.
5. In the Corresponding Integ. Server field, enter an HTTP destination (pointing to the corresponding Integration Server) with the following syntax: dest://<HTTPDESTINATION>.
You have to create this HTTP destination in transaction SM59 as a destination of type H. You can maintain all the settings that transaction SM59 offers, namely HTTP, HTTPS, user, and password.
This method therefore enables more secure communication than the use of explicit URLs. We recommend that you create a user in the Integration Server for each Integration Engine that sends messages to the Integration Server. This means that the Integration Server can recognize from the user which Integration Engine sent the message.
6. Under Specific Configuration Data you can specify additional configuration data (settings for monitoring and error handling, for example). To do this:
a. Select the relevant category under Specific Configuration Data.
b. Choose Change Specific Configuration Data.
The system displays the Configuration screen where you can enter the configuration parameters that you require for the corresponding category.
For more information about the configuration, see Displaying/Changing Configuration Data.