You have to perform automatic customizing to be able to use the Business Process Engine.
This task corresponds to template step 5.
Perform the following steps on your NetWeaver Application Server (AS) ABAP:
1. Log on as user with SAP_ALL rights (you cannot use DDIC or SAP*).
2. Call transaction SWF_XI_CUSTOMIZING to perform basic customizing. This transaction sets all required technical settings.
The screen Automatic Workflow Customizing appears.
3. Make sure that the Maintain Runtime Environment node has a green check (not a red cross).
If there is a red cross, do the following:
a. Select the Maintain Runtime Environment node.
b. Choose Perform Automatic Workflow Customizing.
The system now performs the automatic customizing including all sub nodes.
4. Choose Maintain Definition Environment ® Maintain Prefix Numbers.
5. Choose Execute.
The Prefix Numbers for Workflow and Organizational Management screen appears.
6. Choose Display <-> Change to activate the edit mode.
7. In the Available Prefix Numbers for Workflow and Organizational Management box, choose Create.
8. In the dialog box, enter a Prefix number higher than 900 and choose Save.
You need to enter a transport request according to your Transport Management System (TMS) and choose Save again.
9. Choose Maintain Definition Environment ® Check Entries from HR Control Tables.
10. Choose Execute.
The Consistency Check of Workflow Installation screen appears. The control tables must be complete.
11. If there are any problems, call transaction SE38 and execute report RHTTCP77.
Ignore errors (red cross) regarding the transport objects PDST or PDWS.
12. Exit the transaction.
13. Call transaction SE38 and execute report RSWF_CATID.
14. On the selection screen, select the options ABAP Classes and XML Object types and execute the report.