For the JDBC and JMS adapters you need external drivers that have to be provided as Java archives (jars) by the provider of the database or messaging system, respectively.
You have to deploy these drivers to enable them to be used by the adapters in the J2EE Engine. For this purpose, the Adapter Engine installation provides the archive aii_af_jmsproviderlib.sda, to which you have to add the required driver(s). To do so, proceed as described in the following sections.
Prepare the JMS provider file as follows:
1. Copy the file from the provider directory to a separate directory (for example with SonicMQ, this file is called client.jar and is located in the lib subdirectory of the SonicMQ installation).
2. Open the file with a zip program and remove the standard JMS classes. These are located in directory javax/jms.
3. Save the modified provider file.
Add the driver to archive aii_af_jmsproviderlib.sda with the help of a zip program. Proceed as follows:
1. Modify the file provider.xml from aii_af_jmsproviderlib.sda. To do this, extract provider.xml using a zip program and edit it as follows:
a. Add the line <jar-name>driver-jar</jar-name> to each jar in the <jars> section.
If you want to install the SAP DB JDBC driver and the SonicMQ JMS driver, this section looks like this:
b. Return the changed provider.xml to the archive.
Make sure that the original directory server\ is retained under Path in the zip archive (check for the last Path entry).
2. Add all jars (without path information) that you have defined in provider.xml to aii_af_jmsproviderlib.sda.
3. Use the SDM to deploy aii_af_jmsproviderlib.sda in standalone (offline) mode. If the empty archive was already deployed during installation, then in step 1 of the deployment choose Update deployed SDAs/SCAs that have any version. Otherwise the subsequent deployment will be terminated with the message Already been deployed. (For more information about the deployment procedure, see the SDM documentation.)
4. Restart the J2EE Engine. The drivers are now known to the JMS adapter or JDBC adapter, and can be used as described.
If you use MQSeries 53x.xxx, you have to include the following Java archives (.jar files) in archive aii_af_jmsproviderlib.sda:
You can find the last archive in the J2EE client directory.