The Switch Framework (SFW) allows you to externally control the visibility of Repository objects or their components by means of switches.
The main purposes of the Switch Framework are to:
· Simplify an ABAP-based system landscape by adopting one or more industry solutions in a standard system
By using the Switch Framework, all industry solutions and a restricted list of repository objects are delivered in an inactive state in the system. You no longer need to install an industry solution – you can activate it when required.
· Introduce a new, modification-free enhancement concept
The Switch Framework is integrated in the ABAP Workbench and works closely together with the Enhancement Framework.
The Enhancement Framework enables the implementation of the best-practice solutions defined within an industry, while the Switch Framework controls which enhancement implementations are to be performed.
The Switch Framework enables you to:
· Switch on industry solutions and Enterprise Add-Ons
· Develop new functions without affecting the existing ones
· Simplify user interface
· Enhance delivered partner and customer systems by adding functions in the context of the Enhancement Framework