The following figure shows the different elements you need for the Solution Manager Diagnostics, and the interfaces that connect these elements.
From a security point of view, the interfaces shown in the figure can be described as follows:
· Interface 1: End users accessing the Solution Manager Diagnostics using a Web browser. This interface is based on HTTP(s).
· Interface 2: End users accessing the SAP Web AS ABAP of Solution Manager Diagnostics to call monitoring transactions DB59, DB6COCKPIT, ST04M, ST04_MSS, OS07, RZ20, ST03G via ITS webgui.
· Interface 3: The communication interface between the Solution Manager Diagnostics’ Java functions and the SAP Web AS ABAP where the monitored systems agents have registered. This communication is based on JCo.
· Interface 4: The agents on the monitored systems and the Solution Manager Diagnostics’ CCMS. This communication is based on RFC.
· Interface 5: Communication interface between the Solution Manager Diagnostics and the monitored SAP J2EE Engines. This interface is based on HTTP(s).