The quick car rental application is now protected with authentication and J2EE security roles. To access the application and the various methods, users must be assigned to the appropriate roles. In the next steps, you will act as the administrator to set up the users and corresponding role assignments.
In the first of the administrative steps, you will create the users:
You will use these users for the role assignments and for testing the access protection.
The J2EE Engine is running.
You have access to the Visual Administrator and can use it to connect to the J2EE Engine.
You have a user ID with administrator rights on the J2EE Engine, for example, Administrator.
There is a connection profile set up on the Visual Administrator that uses this user ID to connect to the J2EE Engine. For more information, see Logging on to SAP J2EE Engine.
1. Start the Visual Administrator.
2. Select the connection profile that connects to the J2EE Engine using your administrator user and choose Connect.
3. Enter this user’s password and choose Connect.
The dispatcher and server entries appear in the Visual Administrator.
1. Expand <SID> ® Server ® Services.
2. Select the Security Provider.
The maintenance tab pages for the Security Provider appear in the right section of the screen.
3. Choose the User Management tab page.
The User Management screen appears. See the figure below.
4. Switch to edit mode. (Choose the symbol .)
5. Search for the users Employee, Agent and OtherUser and create a user ID for each user that does not exist:
a. For each user, enter the user ID in the Name: field and choose Search.
b. If no ID for this user appears, then choose Create User.
The Create User dialog appears.
c. Enter the user ID for the user and an initial password. Repeat the password in the Confirm password: field.
d. Choose OK.
e. In the Users section, choose Reset to search for the next user.
Repeat these steps for each user that does not exist.
6. To confirm that these users exist, choose the Tree tab page.
7. Expand the Everyone group.
These users should now exist in the group Everyone. See the figure below.