The system saves the analysis variant on the database, and the analysis variant is then available for future table analyses.
1. Using transaction
Ў TAANA_AV, or
Ў From the table analysis (transaction TAANA) via Environment ® Analysis Variants
you can access the change mode for analysis variants for table analysis.
2. Choose Edit ® New Entries and enter the name of the table for which you would like to create an analysis variant.
3. Enter a name for the analysis variant that is within your namespace.
4. Choose Fields. The system offers you all of the table fields for selection.
The fields contained in the ABAP Dictionary are displayed first, and then the virtual fields defined in the table analysis.
An analysis variant should contain as few fields as possible (three or four). You should only choose fields with a low selectivity, meaning with few characteristic values. Fields having high selectivity, for example document numbers, mean that the results list for a table analysis is unduly long, which both reduces its usefulness and also takes up too much memory space in the database.
5. Select the relevant fields or create virtual fields if necessary. For more information, see Virtual Fields.
6. Save the analysis variant.
The new analysis variant is displayed on the left-hand side of the screen.