You tried to find out the next value of the specified sequence with <sequence name>.NEXTVAL. This is impossible for one of the following reasons:
1. The next value would not fit into the data type provided for sequences.
2. The next value would be larger than the value defined by MAXVALUE in the CREATE SEQUENCE statement, and NOCYCLE was defined implicitly or explicitly.
3. The next value would be smaller than the value defined by MINVALUE in the CREATE SEQUENCE statement, and NOCYCLE was defined implicitly or explicitly.
1. Specify the desired value explicitly.
2. Delete and create the sequence again. By deleting and recreating the sequence you ensure that the values of the sequence are created cyclically or that a larger MAXVALUE or smaller MINVALUE is used. Define START WITH with the last assigned value if necessary. You may now use the SQL statement.