You can use the Backup Wizard to guide you through the entire process of backing up a database instance.
In the Database Manager GUI, choose Instance ® Backup ® Backup Wizard.
Choose Next to start each of the required backup steps.
1. You can back up the data from a database instance either locally, or on a remote computer.
Choose the desired database instance or enter the following information directly:
Database Server: Name of the computer on which the database instance is located
Database Name: Database name
User Name: Name of the Database Manager operator (DBM operator)
Password: Password of the Database Manager operator
2. If necessary, switch the database instance to the desired operational state.
3. Choose the desired backup type:
Complete Data Backup
Incremental Data Backup
Activate/deactivate automatic log backup
Additionally, note the information about completed backups shown in the Backup Wizard.
4. Select a backup template.
If no backup template is as yet available, you can create this (see Managing the Backup Templates).
5. Start the desired Backup Procedure.
6. Close the Backup Wizard.
Concepts of the Database System, Backing Up and Restoring