You configure the MaxDB software with the aim of connecting the MaxDB database tools for backing up, restoring, importing, or exporting data to the Backint for Oracle interface of a third-party backup tool.
? Your backup tool has a Backint for Oracle interface.
? The version of your MaxDB database system supports the connection of a Backint for Oracle interface (see: Restrictions for Using Backint for Oracle).
? Your Backint for Oracle program is able to save any files in a file system, even if you do not have an Oracle database system installed on your computer.
To connect MaxDB to the Backint for Oracle interface, perform the following steps:
1. Configure the Backint for Oracle interface of the backup tool according to the instructions of the vendor. If you have to create a configuration file for this, you have to specify its name in the parameter file of the adapter program (see step 2).
2. Create the parameter file for the MaxDB adapter program
This file connects MaxDB with the external backup tool. If necessary, also enter the name of the configuration file of the external backup tool in this file (see step 1).
3. Create the configuration file for Backint for MaxDB (case 1)
This file connects the Database Manager with the MaxDB adapter program. Also enter the name of the parameter file of the MaxDB adapter program in this file (see step 1).
4. Export the environment variables of the external backup tool if you are required to do so by the vendor of the external backup tool.
5. Set the environment variable BSI_ENV for the program Database Manager.
6. If necessary, set non-tool-specific environment variables for the Database Manager.