1. In the Archive File Browser you can find the area Files to be Searched on the tab page Search towards the upper left hand side of the screen. Drag the files to be searched from the archive files overview to this area by drag and drop.
Make sure that Online Search has been set as the Search Mode.
For additional information on the area Files to be Searched see Areas Covered by the Search.
2. Select the table in the area Search Criteria that has the fields you want to use for the search. You can either enter the table direct, or use Another Table.
For additional information on the area Search Criteria see Areas Covered by the Search.
3. To determine which fields you want to use in the search, choose Field Selection.
4. Enter the values you want to use for your search.
5. To start the search, choose Start Search.
The system begins to search through the selected files. The search stops with the first hit. The system automatically switches to the tab page Table and displays the table that you specified in the search criteria.
The button Cont. Search (Continue Search) becomes active
6. Choose Cont. Search.
The system now continues the search with the current data object. You can repeat this until the search has reached the end of the search area. You then receive the corresponding message.