You can use the Database Manager GUI to stop a database instance.
1. Make sure that the database instance has been included in the list of database instances (see Managing the List of Database Instances).
2. Connect to the DBM server.
3. The database instance is in the ONLINE operational state: Monitoring.
Select a database instance in the list of database instances by double-clicking it.
· Transferring the database instance to the operational state ADMIN
Choose Actions ® Admin.
The database instance is transferred to the operational state OFFLINE and then to the operational state ADMIN. Any changes made to the database parameters take effect.
· Transferring the database instance to the operational state OFFLINE
Choose Actions ® Offline.
The database instance is stopped.
If a backup is running, the Database Manager waits until the backup is complete before stopping the database instance.
Use the log file knldiag to analyze any errors that occurred when you started or stopped the database instance.