Before you can use the Database Manager GUI to manage your database instances, you must include these instance in the list of database instances (see Screen Areas). You can change the way the database instances are displayed in this list by choosing View ® ...
If you want to access a remote database instance with the Database Manager, you have to start the X Server on the relevant database computer.
1. Choose Instance ® Add.
2. Choose the required server name as the Database Server.
Confirm this by choosing Add.
3. Select the database instances that you want to include in the list, and confirm.
The database instance is included in the list of database instances.
To be able to manage a database instance, you must set up a connection to the DBM server for this instance.
1. Select the database instance in the list of database instances.
2. Choose File ® Delete.
3. Confirm that you want to delete this database instance from the list.
The database instance is deleted from the list of database instance in the Database Manager.
If you want to delete a database instance, proceed as described under Deleting a Database Instance.
You can make sure that the list of database instances matches the instances that actually exist on the computer.
1. Select a computer in the directory structure of the database instances.
2. Choose File ® Sync Server.
All database instances on this computer are included in the list of database instances. Any entries for database instances that no longer exist on this computer are deleted from the list.