You can activate and deactivate automatic log backup with the Database Manager GUI.
Once you activate automatic log backup for your system, this setting remains active until you deactivate automatic log backup again. Automatic log backup also remains active when you restart the database instance.
You need to perform a complete data backup before you activate automatic log backup.
The database instance is in the ONLINE operational state.
You can activate/deactivate the automatic log backup when creating a database instance.
Proceed as described in Creating a Database Instance: Custom.
You can activate and deactivate automatic log backups with the Backup Wizard.
1. Start the Backup Wizard.
2. If you have not yet created a backup template, you need to do this now as described in Backup Template for a Single Data Carrier. Select a backup template in the Media for Backup window.
3. Check the details. Make changes if required (Changing Backup Templates).
4. If your database is in the ONLINE operational state, you can activate or deactivate automatic log backup (Activate/deactivate automatic log backup).
You can activate and deactivate automatic log backups with the Database Manager GUI.
Before you can make log backups, the required backup templates must be available.
1. Start the Database Manager GUI.
2. Choose Instance.
3. If your database is in the ONLINE operational state, you can activate or deactivate automatic log backups (Set Auto Log ON/OFF).
The List of Database Instances displays, among other things, whether automatic log backup is on or not (Auto Log On/Off).
You can check the results of your log backups using the Backup History.
Concepts of the Database System, Backing Up Log Entries