You use the Installation Manager to install the Synchronization Manager.
To synchronize multiple database instances, you need to install the Synchronization Manager software on all computers involved. You can find further information on synchronizing database instances in the Synchronization Manager.
? Java Runtime Environment 1.4, see java.sun.com/jre
? j2ee.jar from the Java 2 Enterprise SDK ? 1.4, see java.sun.com/j2ee
? Eclipse SDK, see www.eclipse.org
? You have called the Installation Manager.
1. Go to the local directory where you have unpacked the database software.
2. Open the program SDBSETUP.exe to start the Installation Manager.
3. In the Installation Manager, choose Start Installation/Upgrade
4. Follow the instructions of the Installation Manager.
5. On the Summary of Installation Settings screen, under Software ® Components, choose the installation package Synchronization Manager.
The Installation Manager automatically selects all software components required.
6. Keep following the instructions of the Installation Manager.
7. When the installation is completed, reboot the system.
The Synchronization Manager software has been installed in the <independent_program_path>\app\syncman directory (see Directories). .
In order to be able to synchronize database instances, you need to execute other configurations (see Synchronization Manager, Configuration).