In the Memory Areas user menu, you can find, among other things, a display of the log status of your database system.
1. In the Database Assistant, choose Current Status ® Memory Areas.
2. Choose Log Area.
You obtain information about the usage of the log area, the log mode, the last log I/O sequence number, and the number of savepoints written since the installation of the database instance.
Usage of the log area:
· Total size of the log area
· Size of a log segment
· Size of the used log area
· Size of log area that is not backed up
· Log growth since the last data backup
If more than 60% is used, backup the log segments to release space for other transactions. You can automate this process by activating automatic log backups.
Database Alert Monitor, Log Area