You can create or change connection and user data and control monitoring mechanisms.
1. Start the Database Assistant.
2. If no start application is displayed, or if you exit a user menu of the Database Assistant with Back, Exit, or Cancel, you can choose Utilities ® Display/Change Integration Data (transaction DB11) in the menu.
3. To be able to change integration information, you must be in change mode. Switch to this mode, if necessary.
The required database connection is usually created during the installation. You can, however, also create new database connections later, or change or delete an existing connection.
The user data for the DBM operator is stored in table DBCONUSR and for the standard database user in table DBCON.
Follow the procedure described in User Data.
You can set or configure the following automatic monitoring activities:
· Deactivate database Alert Monitor
· Report critical alerts when starting the database Assistant
· Delete the DBA Action Logs automatically
Follow the procedure described in Automatic Monitoring.
You can deactivate automatic monitoring. To do so, choose Goto ® Deactivate Automatic Monitoring.