· Determination of spend-related data in Financial Accounting
· Recording of the purchase order and invoice values via the procurement systems
SAP Financial Accounting (SAP FI) from 4.0B
From SAP BW 3.1 Content/ BI Content 3.3 Add-On
R/3 Accounting enables you to enter all data that is commercially and tax-relevant in the general ledger and subledgers in the form of documents.
In the case of Global Spend Analysis based on Financial Accounting data, you should note the following:
· All payments to the vendors are entered, including invoices that are entered directly in a FI System without purchase order references.
· The data relevant to purchase orders is not available in as much detail as in the purchasing system, for example, data on the purchasing organization is not available.
A very large amount of data is present in Financial Accounting and a selection is extracted into SAP Business Information Warehouse and evaluated there.
Using a special ledger, you can process historic and current transaction data as follows:
· You can filter the data according to your own criteria.
· You can resort the data as you wish.
These special ledger options are used in Spend Analysis for the following:
· The data is filtered by spend relevance.
The spend relevance is determined by the account type so that only documents from creditors are loaded into SAP BW.
· Then the data is sorted again based on procurement considerations.
The creditor, who represents a single item in the posting document, is copied to each item (see example). In addition, sales-related documents are flagged as such. These documents include:
Ў Credit memos
Ў Cancellations of invoices and credit memos
The Queries for Spend Analysis that are based on accounting data access:
· InfoCube 0SR_FIC01
· ODS Object 0SR_FIDS1
For BI Content 3.5.2. Add-On, in the case of invoices with purchase order reference, the following data is read from the ODS-Object 0BBP_INV:
· The purchasing category
· Related contracts, if appropriate
A prerequisite ist hat the invoices have been loaded from Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) or R/3 Materials Management (R/3 MM) into the SAP-BW System before the extraction of the FI data.
Data Flow in Detail
mySAP Supplier Relationship Management 2.0
From SAP BW 3.0B
In the case of Global Spend Analysis based on data from procurement systems, note the following:
· All the detailed data from the purchase order documents is available.
· Expenditure on goods or services that have not previously been entered as purchase orders is not included in the analysis.
The individual purchasing systems are linked directly to SAP BW.
The Queries access the InfoCube 0BBP_C01 which contains data from all SAP Enterprise Buyer and R/3 purchasing systems that are linked to SAP BW, and it also accesses the ODS objects below this InfoCube.
Data Flow in Detail
It is also possible to link the individual purchasing systems indirectly to SAP BW. In SAP Supplier Relationship Management the link is achieved via the SAP Exchange Infrastructure (SAP XI); in mySAP Marketplace via the MarketSet Connector and the Copy Service. The data basis for the spend analysis consists solely of documents (purchase orders, purchase order changes, invoices) that are exchanged with a vendor electronically via a platform (via XML etc.).
The Queries for the hub-based scenario access:
· the InfoCube 0GLS_C01
· the ODS Object 0GLS_ORD
· the ODS Object 0GLS_INV
· the ODS Object 0GLS_OCH
If you wish to report on non-harmonized master data, you can use the Dun&Bradstreet D-U-N-S Number for unique identification of vendors in all the scenarios described (see D&B Vendor Analysis for SAP BW).