For up-to-date information see SAP Note 519858.
Here is a checklist for preparing to use eCATT:
· Maintain table T000 to allow eCATT to be used in the relevant clients.
· Patch the systems. For information about which support packages to use, see SAP Note 519858.
· Check that the users have the appropriate authorizations.
· Install the latest 6.40 SAP GUI for Windows with the SAP GUI Scripting component.
· Prepare systems for Web Dynpro testing if required.
· Install certified external tools on the local machine of the user. Use the SET_EXTERNAL_TOOL function module to make the required entries in the customizing table ECCUST_ET.
· Create RFC destinations (transaction SM59) for target systems.