GETGUI ( <command interface> , <target system> ).
GETGUI reads values from GUI elements specified in the command interface. Unlike a SAPGUI command, which only sets the changed state of GUI elements, GETGUI allows you to get the complete state of selected individual elements.
There are two ways of entering a GETGUI command:
· During the recording of a transaction.
· Using the pattern function. In this case, you need at least one other GUI session open at the relevant screen.
1. Record as normal using SAPGUI (Record) or SAPGUI (Attach).
2. In the Recording Running dialog box of the eCATT session, choose Insert GETGUI Command.
The recorded session is now in SPY mode, meaning that when you position the mouse on a control, the control is highlighted.
3. In the recorded session, single-click the relevant field.
4. In the eCATT session, the dialog Selection of Properties and Methods to be Recorded appears.
5. Expand the Get node and select what is to be recorded.
6. Choose Insert and Exit.
7. Continue with the normal SAPGUI recording.
1. In a second session, go to the desired screen.
2. In the test script editor in the eCATT session, choose Pattern.
3. In the dialog box, choose UI Control, GETGUI, and enter a name for the command interface.
4. Change to the other session and move the mouse until the desired GUI element is highlighted.
5. Click on the GUI element.
6. In the dialog box Selection of Properties and methods to be Recorded, expand the Get node and select what is to be recorded.
7. Choose Insert and Exit.
After the command is entered in the test script, make sure that the ConnectionId and SessionId are appropriate – they should be the same as those in the relevant SAPGUI command.