This procedure describes how to create a test script from within eCATT. In this case, eCATT starts the external tool automatically as required. However, the procedure here can only be given in general terms as different external tools have different rrequirements. For more information, see the eCATT-relevant documentation of the external tool.
It is also possible to create a test script in the external tool alone, and then later connect to a SAP system to upload the script to eCATT. For more information, see the documentation delivered with the external tool. A test script created in this manner will be saved as a local object. If you want to assign it to a package, you have to do this later in eCATT.
1. On the Extended Computer Aided Test Tool: Initial Screen, select Test Script.
2. In the Test script field, enter a name for the script. It must be an alphanumeric string of up to 30 characters (underscores are permitted). It is not case-sensitive.
3. In the Version field of the script, enter an integer of up to 8 figures. If the script does not already exist and you leave this field empty, the version will automatically be set to 1.
4. In the External Tool field, select the external tool.
5. Choose .
The script editor appears.
6. Choose the Attribute tab and maintain the attributes.
7. In the application toolbar, choose Script.
Depending on the external tool, one or more dialog boxes might appear. If so, enter the required tool-specific information.
The external tool starts.
8. Use the external tool to record the test.
9. After you have finished recording, save the test script to eCATT in the manner described in the tool’s documentation.