You can store an eCATT object as an XML file. The file can be uploaded to eCATT. This enables you to transfer eCATT objects between systems simply. You can download the following eCATT objects:
· Test configurations
· Test scripts
· Test data containers
· System data containers
When you download a test configuration or test script from within its editor, eCATT objects that it references are not automatically downloaded. You need to specifically download these objects.
To download all referenced objects together with the referencing object, see Downloading Referenced eCATT Objects.
When uploading or downloading system data containers for copying to another system, the name of an RFC destination remains unchanged in the RFC Destination field. However, in the new system, this name might not exist or might be that of a different RFC destination. In this case, you need to maintain the RFC destination.
1. On the Extended Computer Aided Test Tool: Initial Screen screen, select the type of eCATT object.
2. Enter the name of the eCATT object in the appropriate field.
3. If the eCATT object is a test script, enter the version in the Version field.
4. Choose .
The appropriate editor opens.
5. Choose <eCATT Object> ® Download.
A dialog box appears.
6. Select the folder in which you want to store the file, and choose OK.
An XML file is created in the folder that you selected. You can use an XML editor to display and edit the downloaded file.