Creating a Dynamic Document
In order to work with Dynamic Documents, you should be familiar with the basic concepts of
SAP Container Controls and
In order to display the document, you need one of the following:
- A reserved Custom Control area on a screen in your program
- An instance of any SAP Container control
- An existing instance of the SAP HTML Viewer
In the data declarations in your program, declare a reference variable for the dynamic document.
CREATE OBJECT statement.
Add display elements to the document by calling methods of your dynamic document instance. For further information, refer to Adding Simple Elements to a Dynamic Document and Adding Complex Elements to a Dynamic Document.
When you have finished constructing the document, you need to merge the individual element instructions into a single document using the merge_document method.
- Instantiate the object using the
- To display the document, use the
For details about the different options for displaying a document, refer to Displaying a Dynamic Document.