Parameter values of the various side info tables take effect according to constellation. The following describes the two basic constellations.
· Source system is an SAP system
Ў R/2 is the source system
Ў Source system is an SAP NetWeaver system
· Source system is a non-SAP system
The target is defined via the protocol type in the side info table:
C: R/2 System
I: SAP NetWeaver system
E: External system (start with fork/exec, Remote Shell or rexec)
F: Non-SAP program (started externally)
R: Non-SAP program (started after being registered at the SAP Gateway)
The hierarchy of the side info tables is as follows:
1. A connection is set up to the SAP Gateway on the gateway platform using the parameter values of the TXCOM table.
– R/2 is the target system:
The parameter values for LU and TP in TXCOM are ignored. You must define them in the sideinfo table of the SAP gateway.
– Target system is an SAP NetWeaver system
If TXCOM contains all the necessary parameters, you cannot access the sideinfo table.
If TXCOM does not contain all the necessary parameters, then those missing are read from sideinfo.
– An external system is the target system:
TXCOM must include protocol type E.
2. The connection to the target is set up via the sideinfo file on the gateway platform. Parameter value C, I, E, F or R or G for the protocol type defines the target system.
The connection to the target is set up via the sideinfo file on the gateway platform. The parameter value for the protocol type defines the target:
C: R/2 System
I: SAP NetWeaver-System
E: Non-SAP program (started by means of fork/exec, remote shell or rexec)R: Non-SAP program (started after being registered at the SAP Gateway)