After budget distribution, you can check your budget for the overall or annual values. The check is also executed when you save the budget.
The Check function executes both consistency checks and availability control checks.
The system checks the consistency of the following budget values:
- In a project structure, the system checks whether the budget values of a lower-level of the WBS element (distributed values) exceed the budget value of the level above. As this check takes place either in the controlling area currency or the object currency, the system also takes into account budget entered in different currencies.
- For each WBS element or order, the system checks that the total of the annual budget does not exceed the overall budget, providing budgeting using total values is included (the total values parameter is set in the budget profile). As this check also takes place either in the controlling area currency or the object currency, the system also takes into account budget values that were entered in different currencies.
Even if the total values match the annual values in a defined currency, the values in the controlling area or object currency can differ (if the exchange rate type or the entered value date for the total values is different from that for the annual values).
Consistency checks are executed:
- On the basis of the values in the controlling area currency (provided that it is the budgeting currency in the budget profile, or that a freely defined transaction currency is permitted and the Object Currency as Default Indicator is not set).
- On the basis of the values in the controlling area currency (provided that it is the budgeting currency in the budget profile, or that a freely defined transaction currency is permitted as the budgeting currency and the Object Currency as Default Indicator is not set).
- In active availability control, the system also checks whether the assigned values exceed the total or annual budget. This check takes place in the controlling area currency, meaning that budget line items entered in a different currency are also taken into account. The settings for availability control in the budget profile determine the budget against which checks are made.
For more information on availability control, see:
The following is a result of any errors that occur:
- The system highlights the incorrectly budgeted WBS elements on the overview screen and in the annual overview,
- The system displays an error log, which you can print out. The log displays the incorrectly budgeted WBS elements and compares the budget values and distributed values. For active availability control, the log contains warnings or error messages issued by the system when the tolerance level was exceeded. To call up an explanatory text, choose Long text, or double-click on a row in the error log.
To check your budget, choose .
To correct your budget allocation, the relevant budget values must be:
- Overwritten; or selected, deleted and re-entered.
- Re-checked and