If you use time dependency when maintaining business partner names in your business partner addresses, you need to adapt the address window of forms (interactive PDF forms based on Adobe software or Smart Forms) to ensure that the current version, and not an obsolete version, of the business partner name is issued during form printing.
You should adapt forms with address windows in which the address is called up using the address key (for example, the address number or person number), if
· The address is always a business partner address
· The address can in some cases be a business partner address
In a delivery form, the delivery address can be a business partner address or a document-specific address. In this case the form has to be adapted.
On the other hand, a delivery form has an additional, separate window for the alternative delivery address, which is never a business partner address. In this case the form does not have to be adapted.
1. Call up the form builder using transaction SFP and enter the form name.
2. In the change mode, double-click the relevant address node in the context area to edit it
3. In the bottom right-hand side of the work area under Attributes, make the appropriate entries in the following parameters:
a. Choose Yes or Determine Dynamically for Time–Dependent Business Partner Name. In the case of dynamic time dependency, assign a variable for dynamic determination.
b. Leave Time Stamp blank if you always require the current version of the business partner name. If you want to print the name that is valid on a particular date, then enter a variable that contains the correct value for the time stamp at runtime.
c. If you have a variable with the number of the business partner of the category ‘organization’, enter it in Business Partner Number for Organization, Firm
d. If you have a variable with the number of the business partner of the category ‘person‘, enter it in Business Partner Number for Person.
At runtime these variables should contain a value only if the address really is a business partner address.
If the business partner numbers are not transferred, even though the addresses are business partner addresses, they then have to be determined at runtime from the address key. This has a negative effect on performance.
1. Call up the transaction SMARTFORMS and enter the form name.
2. In the change mode, navigate in the form tree to the relevant address window and double click to edit it.
3. In General Attributes, fill the appropriate parameters as described above for the interactive forms.
For more information on Smart Forms or interactive PDF forms, see the SAP Library under SAP NetWeaver -> Application Platform -> Business Services -> Smart Forms or PDF-Based Forms.