You evaluate the results of a survey to learn how the answers are distributed to your questions within the target group. The Web Survey visualizes the result data with the help of graphical overviews.
Apart from the integrated evaluation in the Survey Cockpit, which this section refers to, you also have the following possibilities to evaluate survey results:
· You can transfer the results into the delivered Business Content of the SAP Business Information Warehouse (SAP BW) and evaluate them with the methods of BW. The InfoCube to include the survey results has the technical name 0WS_C01. You can find more information in the documentation of the SAP Business Content on the Web Survey.
· If the survey is linked to an Application Library, you can update the results in the corresponding application and evaluate them with the means available there.
In order to evaluate the results of a survey, the recipients must have filled out the questionnaire and returned it to your company with the "Submit Survey" pushbutton. You recognize this by the green traffic light in the Status column of the target group hierarchy in the Survey Cockpit.
You can only access the returned results in the Survey Cockpit when the prerequisites are fulfilled that are described in the section Prepatory Steps for Using the Web Survey.
The analysis function prepares the results of the survey graphically and presents them in the form of diagrams. The layout settings give you extensive control over the appearance of the diagram. You can influence the following diagram attributes:
· Diagram type: vertical bar chart, bar chart, pie chart, scatter chart, network, portfolio diagrams, and many more.
· Title: Labels for chart areas, category and value axes
· Axes: Visibility of axes, possibility to show another value axis, presentation of gridlines
· Values: Show and hide data labels in the data series, request an additional data table within the graphic, treatment of missing values
The settings that you make in the diagram attributes are effective for the presentation of results of all questions of the current questionnaire. Choose Layout Settings and then Save to save your settings, or choose Layout Settings and then Standard Layout to return the graphic to the original status.
You can decide on which aggregation level the data should be prepared:
· If you only set the Analysis indicator for the whole target group hierarchy, the system calculates the mean value of the results of all returned questionnaires for every question.
· If you set the Analysis indicator for individual target groups, the system forms as many data series as you have selected target groups for every question and compares the results of the target groups per question. This means the system makes a target group comparison.
If you set the Analysis indicator for individual target groups you can also compare target groups of different levels of the target group hierarchy with each other. Then system then also presents the mean value of all target groups of the same hierarchy level (independent of whether all target groups of this level were selected or not) in addition to the single values of the selected lower-level target groups.
Your target group hierarchy contains a geographical structure by regions and countries. You select the regions EMEA and APA and in addition the countries Germany, England, and Japan. In this case, the system calculates the mean values of all countries of both regions and compares them with each other. In addition, the mean values of the three selected countries are presented as comparison values.
You can control whether a change to the selected target groups should be immediately portrayed in the displayed diagram or not using Extras ® User Settings. If you do not want to set the Automatically Refresh Graphic indicator then you can still update the diagram at any time with Refresh.
You also have the possibility to check the answers of a single returned questionnaire. To do this choose Call Up Questionnaire in Browser from the context menu of the person questioned in the target group hierarchy. As a result, the system starts the Web browser and reconstructs the questionnaire with the answers of this person questioned that are saved in the system.
You enter the question for which the system should display results with the navigation function. In the case of a question group you can decide how the system should prepare the results:
· When you request the results of the question group, the system presents the results of the individual questions next to each other, broken down according to target groups included in the evaluation.
· When you request the results of an individual question, the system presents the specified answer possibilities next to each other and displays the frequency with which an answer from the target groups included in the evaluation was given for the question.
The following graphic shows the different presentation for a question group with two individual questions (left) and one of these individual questions (right):
You will find a brief description of the procedure when evaluating survey results under Evaluating Survey Results.