This allows you to maintain addresses that are not part of reference datasets. The differences for maintaining addresses with house names instead of house numbers are highlighted.
Execute the steps described below. You need not create existing cities and streets again. However, for the streets you must define the street sections as described.
1. Choose Create City (SR10).
2. Select a country if required – the country last selected is still highlighted.
3. Choose Enter.
The Create City screen appears.
4. Enter a city.
5. Choose Postal Code.
The screen for assigning city to postal code appears.
6. Enter the desired postal code.
7. Choose Create Postal Code.
The screen for creating postal codes appears.
8. Select the usage.
9. Save your entries for city and postal code.
1. Choose Create Street (SR20).
2. Look for the city for which you want to create streets and copy the city number.
This field automatically contains the number of the city last created.
3. Choose Enter.
The Create Street screen appears.
4. Enter a street name.
5. Choose Postal Street Sections.
a. If the house has no number but a name, enter 0 for both fields ‘House number from’ and ‘House number to’.
b. If the house has no number but a name, enter the same four-character string for both fields ‘Addition from’ and ‘Addition to’.
It is possible, for two addresses with house names instead of house numbers that belong to the same postal code, to use the same four-character key for the house name. However, the exact assignment can depend on other tables with street sections (for example, IS-U).
6. Save your entries.
Use report ADDR_STRCONV_READ to display a list of the existing house names.
1. Choose Change Conversion of Street Sections (SA20).
2. Choose New Entries.
The screen for making new entries appears.
3. Select the country for which you want to create house names.
4. Look for the street of the address you want to maintain (F4 help) and copy the street number.
5. In the first text field, enter the house name in uppercase.
6. In the field Konv. Key enter a four-character string.
This is the artificial four-character key you need to define the street sections.
7. In the next text field, enter the house name in uppercase and lowercase.
8. Save your entries.
For addresses with house names instead of house numbers, you can now execute the check in the regional structure: After activating the check, you can check and add postal codes.