This business add-in performs detailed address checks. Address data can be changed or supplemented in this process.
Business add-ins such as ADDRESS_UPDATE allow multiple implementations when data is changed, whereas add-ins provided by SAP NetWeaver technology do not.
The business add-in ADDRESS_CHECK is filter-dependent, that is, there can be one active implementation for each filter value. The ISO country code is used as the filter type.
In contrast to the country key, which is defined by the customer and can be different to the SAP default, the ISO country code is unique. Therefore, it is possible to program on this key. This filtering enables you to simultaneously use different partner products for different countries in a system that is used globally, for example.
The ISO codes are supplied by SAP as proposals in the country table. You also require ISO codes that are correctly maintained for various other checks in the system. For more information on the ISO codes, choose the component Changes to the SAP Standard (BC) ® Business Add-Ins ® Filter-Dependent Business Add-Ins, in the SAP Library.
Different implementations of a country's addresses are not covered by the filter. You can, however, create a business add-in implementation yourself for the relevant country, which is used as a cover for several providers and which only contains a dispatching function.
This is a method for the postal check and validation of address data. It is an instance method.
This is the method that establishes whether a postal check using the BAdI is implemented for a country. It is a static method (class method).
The function module ADDR_CHECK is used to check the content of addresses in Business Address Services. This function module is called irrespective of the context (dialog, batch input, direct input, BAPI, function module without dialog) if an address is created or changed in Business Address Services.
The separation of the semantic checks from the dialog ensures that the same checks are performed in all program combinations.
A sequence of consistency checks are performed within the function module ADDR_CHECK. The embedded call of the function module ADDR_REGIONAL_DATA_CHECK, in which all checks for postal correctness are included, is of crucial importance.
A maximum of one of these three checks is normally activated for each country. More than one check can, however, be active for a country and, in this case, the checks are run in sequence.
The checks are called in the following sequence:
1. Customer enhancement SZRS0003 (SMOD/CMOD), provided that this customer enhancement has been activated in a CMOD project. This enhancement is available as of Release 4.5.
2. Method ADDRESS_POSTAL_CHECK of the business add-in ADDRESS_CHECK if there is an active implementation for it.
3. SAP regional structure checks using the SAP check table if the city file has been activated for the current country.
In all three checks, the structure ADRC_STRUC is transferred and its contents can be changed. For more information, see Reference Structure ADRC_STRUC.
In the function module ADDR_CHECK, the function module ADDR_POSTAL_CODE_CHECK is called before and after the call of the function module ADDR_REGIONAL_DATA_CHECK. The function module ADDR_POSTAL_CODE_CHECK performs a range of checks - for example, it checks the length and format of the postal code. The rules for these checks are defined in Customizing for the country settings.
· The function module ADDR_POSTAL_CODE_CHECK is called before the function module ADDR_REGIONAL_DATA_CHECK to ensure a minimum required level of address consistency is reached before more detailed checks are performed.
· The function module ADDR_POSTAL_CODE_CHECK is called after the function module ADDR_REGIONAL_DATA_CHECK to exclude possible errors in the changed data, which can arise due to incorrect or incomplete reference data or errors in partner or customer implementations. The development and testing of such solutions is also supported.
These checks were also carried out in earlier releases (before the introduction of the checks against the SAP regional structure) and are run as minimum checks even if no additional checks using the SAP regional structure, partner solutions, or customer solutions are active.