Entering Texts in the PC Editor
You use the PC Editor to enter new text. The position of this text on the form is determined by its superior node.
To include data from the form interface (data from application tables) or system data (date, time) into the text, use system fields or user-defined fields in the text (see Using Parameters in the Form). When processing the form, SAP Smart Forms replaces these fields with the corresponding values.
Create a text node in the navigation tree of the Form Builder.
Enter a unique name for the node and a node description (for example, letter).
On the General Attributes tab choose Text E lement
as text type.
Since you use the text node exclusively to edit a text element, an included text, or a text module, the system only stores information on the selected type. When you change the text type, the system therefore asks for your confirmation.
Enter your text in the PC Editor
- either directly on the tab if you use the inline version of the PC Editor
- or choose Text Editor to go to the fullscreen mode of the PC Editor. If, after entering the text, you use the green arrow (F3) to leave the fullscreen editor, the system transfers the text into the inline version.
- If you want to highlight text as a URL, mark this text and click Insert URL .
In OTF output this text is flagged so that after a conversion to PDF the Adobe Acrobat Reader recognizes it as a URL. In HTML output the text becomes a link ( <A HREF> tag). In both cases the user can navigate to the specified target via this URL.
- In the Text N ode box choose whether you want the text to start with a new paragraph or only in a new line. You can also choose to append the text directly to the end of the current paragraph.
- If desired, choose the Output Options tab to maintain the style or box and shading of the text.
The system displays the node in the tree structure, including its name and description.