A SPAM/SAINT Update (SPAM update for short) contains updates and improvements to the Support Package Manager and the SAP Add-On Installation Tool. There is always one SPAM update for each release. This update is updated accordingly. To find out which version you are using, look at the following in your system:
· The short description. For example: SPAM/SAINT update - version <REL>/0001
· The package name. For example: SAPKD<REL>01
The latest SPAM update is also available in the SAP Service Marketplace: service.sap.com/spManager.
Make sure you always have the newest version of SPAM before you import Support Packages or Installation Packages.
You can only import a SPAM update successfully if there are no terminated packages in the system.
A dialog box informs you if there are any terminated packages. You then have two options:
· Import the complete queue to begin with and then the SPAM update.
· Delete the queue, import the SPAM update first, and then import the queue.
Note that you can only delete the queue if the Import 1 module has not yet started (up to phase SCHEDULE_RDDIMPDP).
For more information, see Support Package Manager: Phases.
1. Call the Support Package Manager (transaction SPAM).
2. Check if the SPAM update offered is newer than the one in your system. (The current version is displayed in the title bar of the initial Support Package Manager screen.)
3. To import the newest SPAM update, choose Support Package ® Import SPAM update.
SPAM updates are automatically confirmed after being successfully imported.