Age in Years (Characteristic)
Technical name: 0AGE
This InfoSource yields information on employees’ age in years.
A hierarchy is defined for the characteristic 0AGE. You can define this hierarchy manually yourself or by using a CSV file.
- You can define your own hierarchies (manually). You can determine intervals within the structure as required, for example, in five-year intervals (25 - 29 years, 30 - 34 years, etc.) Therefore, the age structure that you define yourself offers advantages over the fixed age structure of the Age Range characteristic (0AGE_RANGE).
For example, you can use the hierarchy to display the age structure of your enterprise as follows:
< 20 [ ] x < 20
20 - 24 [ ] 20 ? x ? 24
25 - 29 [ ] 25 ? x ? 29
30 - 34 [ ] 30 ? x ? 34
35 - 39 [ ] 35 ? x ? 39
- You can also upload the hierarchy using the CSV file delivered by SAP. To do so, proceed as follows:
- In the Administrator Workbench, choose the Source system tab page.
- Right click the top Source systems node and choose Create source system.
- In the Select Source System Type dialog box, select File system, manual metadata, data using file interface.
- In the Create Source System dialog box, enter AGE_File in the Source system field, and Age in Years in the Name of source system field. Confirm your entries.
- Choose the InfoSources tab page.
- Right click the higher Master data in Personnel Administration node and choose Create InfoSource.
- In the Create InfoSource: Select Type dialog box, select Master data / texts / hierarchies. Confirm your entry.
- In the Create InfoSource (Master Data) dialog box, enter 0AGE in the InfoObject field. Confirm your entry.
- Right click the lower Age in Years node and to choose Assign source system.
- In the Master Data InfoSource: Assign Source System dialog box, enter AGE_File in the Source system field. Confirm your entry.
- On the Maintain Metadata screen, choose Create hier. (create hierarchy).
- In the Create Hierarchy - Name dialog box, enter AGE in the Hierarchy name field, Age in Years (Hierarchy) in the Long description field, and an X in the Sorted hierarchy and Interval fields. Confirm your entries.
- Choose Save hier. (save hierarchy), followed by Save and Close.
- Right click the lower Age in Years (Hierarchy) node and choose Create InfoPackage.
- In the Create InfoPackage dialog box, enter a description as required in the Long description field. Confirm your entry.
- On the Scheduler (Maintain InfoPackage) screen, choose the External data tab page.
- In the Load external data from group box, select Application server. In the File type (if control file is switched off) group box, select CSV file.
- In the File name field, enter AGE_D.CSV for German node texts and AGE_E.CSV for English node texts. Save your entries.