This tool compares the customizing between the systems of different SAP components, e.g. between an ERP system and SAP CRM.
The system which is the reference for a comparison is also referred to below as the source system. All other systems are referred to as target systems and are only compared with the source system.
The comparison helps you to synchronize the customizing settings during implementation or update of a system landscape. You can use the comparison to resolve differences in the customizing settings of the systems, for example, by using the IMG implementation guide or the Customizing Distribution, after the comparison.
Before you make a comparison, you can choose the system landscape in which it is to be made:
· a system landscape defined in a project in the SAP Solution Manager
· the default system landscape
· the entire transport domain.
If you select the entire transport domain, all comparisons are displayed, regardless of which project they are assigned to.
You can display or make comparisons as follows:
· display, edit and delete existing comparisons
· compare a target system with a source system in dialog or in the background
· compare several target systems with a source system in the background
· compare one or more target systems periodically in the background
You can also create comparisons only for systems whose customizing is compared with the Customizing Distribution.
You can choose between several views of the comparison result:
· Comparisons in the system landscape: You get an overview of all systems which you have selected for comparison. You can also examine all existing comparisons for each system, in a list.
· Object Overview: You can list all compared objects and their comparison and processing status, for a system.
· Object comparison: You can select a customizing object in the object overview, and make and analyze a detailed comparison of the field entries.
Utilities and other functions in the object overview:
· display a comparison log for missing comparisons which were cancelled
· change the processing status of specified objects
· filter the object display by processing status, comparison status and object type
· select objects and go to the corresponding IMG activity in the source or target system, to make changes.