This process describes the use of a template. You can use templates:
· A customer:
Ў creates a template and uses it in one or more implementation projects as the basis of the Business Blueprint.
Ў creates a template in a system and transports it into other systems as the basis for the Business Blueprint of a project, e.g. in a global rollout.
· A partner:
can create templates and deliver them as partner templates for customer projects.
You can base new templates on any other template, whether delivered by SAP or created yourself.
1. Create a project of type Template Project in the Solution Manager Project Administration.
Assign a name in the customer namespace to your templates. We recommend the namespace /…/.
2. You can base your new template on an existing template in the Scope tab in the Project Administration.
3. Create a project structure in the Business Blueprint transaction, and assign transactions, URLs and documentation to structure elements.
4. Assign, for example, BC Sets, IMG activities and test cases, to project structure elements, in the Configuration transaction.
Other objects are created in the component systems by the Solution Manager. These include BC Sets, user transactions, programs and CATTs.Assign these objects to transportable packages with transport recording, when you create them. Assign names in the namespace /.../, if it exists. Record these objects, per template and logical system, in a user request, which you can later transport import into other systems.
5. Create one or more templates in this template project, in the Templates tab in the Project Administration.
6. Assign templates to the scenarios with the possible entries help in the Structure tab in the Business Blueprint transaction, to put the scenario structures in your template. You can assign several templates per scenario.
7. Set the visibility of the template to Public in the Templates tab in the Project Administration, to make it visible system-wide.
8. Deliver your template in the Templates tab in the Project Administration.
This is not necessary if you reuse the template in the Solution Manger in which you created it.
9. Create a new version of the template in the Project Administration, to further develop it.
Public templates are visible system-wide and can be used in any project system-wide (see the Templates tab).
1. Create a project in the Project Administration of the Solution Manager in which the template was created.
2. Proceed as described in steps 4-6 of the section Performing an Implementation Project with the Template in the Target System.
For example, you send the template and its objects into another system, in a global rollout, as the template for the Business Blueprint of a project there.
1. Send the objects, e.g. BC Sets or CATTs, which you have created in the source Solution Manager component systems, to the target Solution Manager component systems, e.g. from the headquarters component systems to the subsidiary component systems, in a global rollout:
a. Analyze your project in the source Solution Manager, and specify the object types which you created in the component systems, and the components which you use, for the configuration and test case assignments in the template project.
b. Create a piece list per component used.
c. Copy the result of the project analysis into the piece lists.
d. Put these piece lists in a transport request and release it.
e. Send this transport request into the target component systems.
2. Release the transport with the template and send it into the target system.
1. Import the transport with the template into the target Solution Manager system.
2. Import component system requests for the template, into the component systems.
3. Create an implementation project in the target system Project Administration.
4. Search for the template or templates which you want to implement, in the Template Selection tab in the Project Administration.
5. Select the scenarios which were created in the source system for this template, in the Template Selection tab in the Project Administration.
The system copies the structure and the assignments from your templates, in the Business Blueprint and Configuration transactions.
6. Perform the configuration in the target Solution Manager component systems.