The function Change Layout defines the current layout of the list.
1. To change the layout, choose Change Layout or Settings ® Layout ® Change.
The Change Layout dialog box shows you which columns are currently displayed and which additional columns can be displayed.
Multilevel sequential lists also distinguish between the fields in the header rows and those in the item rows. You change the layout in multilevel sequential lists separately for header rows and item rows.
2. You restrict the list of hidden fields by only entering the fields of a particular group.
Depending on the list, you can also call the change layout mode separately for different field groups. In the standard system, the selected field group is then preset in the dialog box. You can then change the layout for each field group selected.
3. To show or hide columns in the list, the following functions are available:
– With Hide All Fields, you can hide all fields with the exception of the key fields. The fields appear under Hidden fields, while the only fields displayed are the key fields.
– To show all the hidden fields, choose Show All Fields. The fields appear as display fields, while the list of hidden fields is empty.
– To show separate fields, select the relevant rows of the hidden fields and choose Show Selected Fields. The fields are transferred from the hidden fields to the displayed fields.
– To hide separate fields, select the relevant rows of the display fields and choose Hide Selected Fields. The fields are transferred from the display fields to the hidden fields.
4. You can use Sort in Ascending Order and Sort in Descending Order to sort the hidden fields according to the field contents. With the Find function you can search for a field name within the hidden fields.
5. The sequence of columns in the list is determined by the item number in the Item field. The SAP system arranges the item numbers in the sequence that you use for the columns.
– To change the sequence of the columns, overwrite the item numbers.
– With Refresh, you can sort the display fields according to the item number.
You cannot change the item numbers of key fields.
6. In the Length of display field column, enter the required length, if this is to be different to the standard setting.
7. If you have changed the length of the display field and you now want to return this to the standard length, select the column and choose Get Standard Length.
8. If it is possible to create totals for a column (only for value and quantity columns), you can use the Total column in the display fields to specify whether they can be created in the display variant for this column.
9. Using a clipboard, you can cut a field from the display fields or hidden fields and insert them in the required position.
– To do this, select a display field or hidden field and choose Cut. The field appears in the clipboard.
Only one field can be placed in the clipboard. As soon as you cut another field, the field in the clipboard is assigned to the hidden field.
– To transfer a field in the clipboard from a certain position to the display fields, select the field before which the field in the clipboard should be inserted, and choose Paste.
10. If you want to group the columns into several lines in order to view all the columns in one window without having to scroll through, for example, choose Line 2 or Line 3.
You can group columns in a maximum of three lines. In sequential lists, you can group the column headers as well as the subordinate rows in a maximum of three lines.
For additional lines, all the remaining hidden fields are available, that is, those that have not been assigned to other lines. Assignment of the hidden fields is carried out as described in point 3.
The functions Refresh (see point 5), Cut and Paste (see point 9) are also available.
You can also use the Cut and Paste functions to remove fields from a line and insert them in another line.
11. Choose Copy to copy the entries and exit the dialog box.
If you exit the SAP List Viewer without saving the layout (see Saving Layouts), your settings will not be saved. When you next call up the list, the standard settings will appear. You can then no longer call up your layout.