The SAP tool BRRECOVER for Oracle databases is used as a database administration tool to help you recover your database.
You can use BRRECOVER from:
· The command line
· BRTOOLS with character-based menus or a GUI
· Make sure that the initialization profile init<DBSID>.sap is configured properly.
· Familiarize yourself with the BRRECOVER command options.
You can use BRRECOVER to perform the following:
· Complete database recovery
· Database point-in-time (PIT) recovery
· Tablespace point-in-time (PIT) recovery
· Whole database reset
· Restore of individual backup files
· Restore and application of offline redo log files
· Disaster recovery
For more information on the approach to restore and recovery, see Restore and Recovery.
BRRECOVER writes the following logs: